From the Stage

Loud Luxury on touring, bringing party back to Syracuse

Courtesy of Loud Luxury

Loud Luxury duo, Andrew Fedyk and Joe Depace, will perform the group’s hit song “Body,” at The Westcott Theater.

Loud Luxury is returning to Syracuse for a performance at The Westcott Theater on Thursday. The Canadian duo, composed of members Andrew Fedyk and Joe De Pace, performed at Juice Jam in 2018.

Fedyk said that they’re excited to come back to Syracuse. He added that Juice Jam was a fun experience and that they enjoyed hanging out with artists that they admired, like Anne-Marie.

This is the group’s first North American headlining tour, “Nights Like This.” It will be accompanied by electronic duo Black Caviar.

University Union vice president Lauren Crimmins said that working with Loud Luxury for Juice Jam was a positive experience.

“The manager was super friendly and super approachable and so were they. They were very willing to let the press ask all the questions that they wanted to,” Crimmins said. “They really wanted the students to have the full experience and get exposure to that.”

UU President Anna Simone said she thought that the students really enjoyed their set.

While the duo said it had a great experience at Juice Jam, they said they’re excited to come back to Syracuse and put on their own show this time.

“Juice Jam was fun, but it wasn’t our show.” said Fedyk. “This is going to be something that’s our own show with our production and everything.”

The duo said that the show will be the “ultimate party.” They’ll have their own stage set up with an entire bus production crew.

“We like to pride ourselves in being professional party-starters. We’re going to bring all the energy, all the party and good vibes,” Fedyk said.

Loud Luxury is best known for its song “Body” which was the most played song on dance radio for all of 2018.

Right now, they’re enjoying the success of “Body” said Fedyk, and they love seeing the continued response it’s getting. They said they didn’t expect it to get as big as it did and thought that getting just one million streams would be exciting. The song currently has more than 600 million plays on Spotify.

“Every day we would have people sending us messages from across the world saying it’s playing here or being featured on this,” said Fedyk.

As for the future, the duo has many artists that it hopes to collaborate with on a track. It has already worked with artists like Bryce Vine on their song, “I’m Not Alright.”

Fedyk said that they’re really inspired by a lot of talented Canadian artists, like Drake and The Weeknd.

“Even seeing Justin Bieber and Shawn Mendes become massive pop stars in their own right, that was really inspiring. Any of them would be really exciting to work with,” Fedyk said.

Overall, they said they are very excited to close out the final leg of their tour and make it a great show for all of their fans.

“It’s been so much fun just going across the U.S. and Canada and meeting people from all these different places who just love our music,” Fedyk said. “It inspires us to just keep going and we’ve got plenty more music on the way.”